Friday, October 24, 2008

Aloha - Wishing I was There

Things are always kind of crazy around here. I mostly stay home with the kids every day, but sometimes Wayne drags us around. To be honest I would rather stay home. It's hard to keep kids happy in the car. Wayne and Rich left for Hawaii yesterday. I am finally getting my stuff back over here. I really wanted to go, but it just wasn't in the stars. I will just really be glad to have the rest of my stuff back. I can't wait. Penny's divorce was supposed to be final on Oct 20, but because of a 90 day thing it won't be final until about Nov 12. She is pretty antsy. Ready to get on with her life. We've been doing lots of food storage classes around. I'm really tired of cooking. We have a lady from the local newspaper coming next week to taste our wares and check us out. We have been d oing classes are Relief Society and at the local Lions Club. We now have a Preparedness fair at the high school coming up in a month and also another visit to another Lions Club. Maybe all this blood, sweat and tears will encourage our neighbors to start thinking about life ahead. The election is coming up also and that is scary also. Danged if you do and danged if you don't. The leaves have been turning yellow the last couple of weeks, and now they are falling off the trees. We aren't as cold as Arizona, but it's a little nippy. The rain hasn't been too bad, and hopefully it won't. We don't need a flood again. I've feverishly been trying to figure out the new Family History stuff. It is driving me crazy, but the worst part is that I am starting to understand it. I guess we just have to focus on the bigger picture. Well I'm going to end for now. Next time I promise I will do better and have pictures. Aloha

1 comment:

Aunt Tiff said...

Sounds like you guys are SUPER busy!! Wish you were here to give us preparedness classes. We are trying to do better. i wish i could have gone to Hawaii too...i LOVE that place! love you guys!