Tuesday, January 13, 2009

33 years - Our anniversary

Wayne and I are having our 33 wedding anniversary on Jan 17, 2009. I can't believe we have been married that long. It still seems like just yesterday. I remember the 1st time I met him at his home in St. Johns in July of 1975. It was right after he came home from his mission. I was dating his cousin, Eddie Whiting, at th time. Wayne told his sister Tammy later that night that he was going to marry me. I dated Eddie for another month and then we broke up. Wayne called me and we started going out in Aug-Sep of 1975. We were inseperable. Nellie became our chaperone and went with us everywhere. We became engaged around Halloween and had a pretty short engagement. Wayne wanted to get married in December but my mom wanted to wait until the next spring, so they settled on January. We have had a very good marriage. I know that we planned to be married in heaven, and we actually found each other and fell in love here. We are different, but yet so much alike. When we play games we answer all the questions the same way. We can't even play Scategories at all, because we canacel each other out. As a little girl who had never really left Shumway, Arizona, Wayne showed me the world (well his version of it anyway). I have been so many places and done so many things. Actually I have lived in most of the places we have been. Things have been tough at times, but I don't ever regret one second of it. He is my soul mate I will always have to be grateful to Eddie Whiting for introducing us. We actually knew each other as kids, but he was in the other ward and since we didn't go to church much, we didn't really know many kids from the other side of town. I love growing older with him. It's such a nice feeling to be so close to someone that you feel like you are one. That's how I feel about Wayne. We are one. He's my best friendand I dearly love him. I have been doing some reminicing, and got some pics. I have put them here. Hopefully you don't get bored. If you do, then don't finish looking. I never get bored of looking at them. So many things I forget, and it helps me to remember. They make me smile. Some of them make me cry. I guess I am just a romantic. I cry really easy and as much as I love the present I dearly love my past and enjoy going back into it every now and then.
(We beat the 1 in 2 marriages that don't make it)
Wayne and Ronna's engagement picture (Dec 1975)
Wayne and Ronna coming out of the AZ Temple Wayne and Ronna on our wedding day
Our wedding line
I can't even hardly see it anymore to tell who is in it

Wayne and Ronna in our skinnier days
Wayne & Ronna in about 1990
Wayne and Ronna (and Dale and Ginger)
Our 29th anniversary in Jan 2005
Ronna Marie as a baby
Ronna in grade school
Ronna with no pants on (Debbie has a pic like this also)
Ronna with a sexy hair do
Ronna in grade school
Ronna on the black thing (I was the queen of jumping on it)
Ronna in 1970
Ronna's senior pic 1973 (I hate this picture) Ronna in 1975 Melvin Wayne as a baby
Wayne and cowboy boots and a hat
Wayne always smiled
Wayne with his hair combed over (cute huh)
Wayne as a smiling kid
Wayne about 1973 (I see Caleb in this pic)

Wayne abt 1973 also (I see Caleb in this pic also)
Ronna Michelle born 1976
Ginger Renee born 1978
Brandon Wayne born 1979
Dusty Lynelle born 1980
Dallas Wade born 1982
Penny Lyn born 1984
Caleb Brenn born 1986
Cayce Bree born 1988

A really cute pic of all the kids - 1988
I love my babies dearly (and their babies also)

1 comment:

Aunt Tiff said...

Ok...couple of things...
#1 - why in the world do you hate your senior pic? It is beautiful!
#2 - why in the world is this the first time I am seeing wedding pics of you and dad(I want a copy of them)
#3 - Caleb does look just like dad:)
#4 - Is that seriously the best pic of Brandon you had:)

Happy Anniversary...Thanks for all you have done and for everything that you are! We love you!!!