Friday, January 9, 2009

The Day After - It's completely gone

Well it's the day after the flood, and the water is completely gone. I can't believe it. It went down so fast. We were driving last night and Michelle spotted the swan. I have never seen a real swan in the wild before. He was just lazily sitting and going with the current. It was only a few seconds and he was gone around the corner.

This is what it looks like out my window this morning. All the water is gone. I know there is still some up on Skok Valley Road coming over it, but only a few inches I'm sure. When Wayne and I came back home last night about 9:00 we were only in about 6 inches of water in the deep places. We have a lot to do this summer to fix the place up to make us better prepared for when it comes again.

No comments: