Monday, January 12, 2009

Marley and John Deere and Tammy Mineer

Caleb emailed me a couple of pictures of the baby Marley last night. They were taken with a phone, so they're not really good, but they're good enough for me. I also have a picture of a puzzle that Penny put together. The puzzle pic is for Tiffani. She'll appreciate it. Everyone is back to work, back to school, and back to their normal life. It's kind of nice to be normal again.

John Deere puzzle

Caleb and Marley in her homemade hat

Chelsea and Marley

A little after thought for me. Just before I got married back in 1975 I was working at Taylor Elementary School as a teacher's aide. I worked with Lane Shumway in special ed. There was a little girl name Tammy Mineer who was in Kindergarten. At 9 months old she had a gun fall over and hit her on the head and caused her to have seizures. She had them all the time. Everytime she had a seizure it would trash her memory. We would have to teach and reteach her all the time. She was such a little trouper and always let us try and teach her over and over. She had long brown hair and was absolutely gorgeous. Her eyes captured me the first time I ever saw her. She made me cry and I dearly loved her. After I got married I saw her a time or two, but not much. The last time I saw her was in Bashes when she was about 14. She was still gorgeous. I read in last weeks paper that she died. She was 39 years old. I have wondered and thought about her so many times over the years. My one regret is that when I was in Taylor I didn't go and try and see her again. My loss. She was such a special little girl. She has a special place in my heart and I will never forget her. Procrastination is such a terrible thing. I am the worst. When I think about it, I can't even remember the names of any of the other kids or what they looked like, but I remember her. I always will be grateful that our paths crossed.

1 comment:

Aunt Tiff said...

Beautiful post!! Tell Penny that I want her to save that puzzle for me. It would look adorable framed and hung up in my John Deere kitchen:) I have another one that my sister-in-law Melanie did that I still need to frame. Marley is beautiful. I hope we get to meet her soon!! and I love the part about Tammy. So thouching!